Blue Horizons Travel & Tours, Inc. operates the www.bluehorizons.travel website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The personal information collected, held, used and disclosed by us is collected from you either directly, by our employee or from third parties.
We only collect personal information that is necessary to assist us in providing the services you request. The types of personal information that we collect from you depends on your individual circumstances and on the type of service that you request from us. For example, when you request us to make your travel arrangements, we (Blue Horizons Travel & Tours Inc) collect personal information such as:
- title (gender);
- date of birth;
- email address;
- credit card or other payment details including billing address;
- travel details;
- passport number;
- dietary requirements;
- other information relevant to travel arrangements;
- IP address of visitors to our website; and
- using cookies to store a user’s name and password on their computer for future visits to our website.
Sensitive information is collected if it is relevant to the provision of travel related services, such as insurance cover. This could include, but is not limited to, health information, religious practices or details of a criminal record that may be relevant to your travel arrangements.
WE (BLUE HORIZONS TRAVEL & TOURS INC) MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN A VARIETY OF WAYS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
- information given directly by you when making a booking either with us directly or with one of our Blue Horizons Travel & Tours Inc offices. This information will usually be provided in person during a meeting, online, by facsimile, by writing to us or by telephone;
- information you provide on our website, such as to register online for special deals, competitions or to receive our newsletters;
- from one of our affiliated companies;
- from other travel agents or service providers;
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF PROVIDING TRAVEL RELATED SERVICES, INCLUDING:
- to make bookings with travel service providers, such as airlines, hotels and tours, on your behalf;
- to fulfil administrative functions associated with your purchase order, such as billing;
- to correspond with you in relation to the travel services you have requested;
- to provide you with promotional and marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- using the IP address of visitors to our website to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website and for statistical purposes.
We will not sell our client database to third parties and will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided or a related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or the use and disclosure is permitted under the Philippines RA 10173 (Data Privacy Act of 2012).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
- as required or authorized by law, such as where unlawful activity has been engaged in, or is suspected of being engaged in, as required by law enforcement officials or agencies; and
- to travel service providers, such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels and other service providers for the purpose of providing you with the travel services that you have requested.
When we book travel arrangements for you and collect your personal information we act as agent on behalf of travel service providers, such as airlines, tour companies, travel insurance providers and hotels who are responsible for providing your services.
The personal information that we need to disclose to third party travel suppliers to provide you with the travel services you request may include sensitive information.
Some of the travel service providers that we disclose your personal information to may be located outside Philippines. The overseas travel service providers may not have privacy standards equivalent to the standards imposed in Philippines. We do not exercise any control over the privacy practices of overseas recipients. If you do not consent to this you should not disclose your personal information to us.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
WE TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO:
- ensure that personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure and stored in a secure environment;
- implement physical, electronic and organization steps to protect your personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure;
- regularly review and update our security measures to maintain the security, integrity and privacy of personal information that we collect;
- destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
SECURITY MEASURES THAT WE HAVE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- employing industry standard techniques such as firewalls, virus scanning tools and encryption;
- requiring employees use logins and passwords for access to all systems;
- requiring all staff and contractors to maintain the confidentiality of customer information; and
- using secure networks when transmitting electronic data.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any unauthorized access to your personal information or for any other security breach.
You can unsubscribe from receiving communications from us at any time. If you do not wish to receive any further marketing material from us click on the unsubscribe link.
ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are able to access and correct your personal information held by any of our personnel by contacting Blue Horizons Travel & Tours Inc, directly.
You may request access to, or correction of, any of your personal information that we hold by contacting us directly using the details set out below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after it is made and may recover from you our reasonable cost of providing you with access.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website contains links to other websites that are not controlled, operated or maintained by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. Before providing your personal information to such websites, you should read, and ensure that you understand, their privacy policies.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, or if there has been a breach of the Philippines RA 10173 (Data Privacy Act of 2012), please contact us directly using the details set out below. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time.
Blue Horizons Travel & Tours Inc
23rd Floor Pacific Star Building,
Makati Avenue corner Sen. Gil J Puyat Avenue
Makati City Philippines
Tel # 632+ 9885000